Happy Cinco de Mayo to all my readers!
Fun facts about Cinco de Mayo:
1. Cinco de Mayo translates into English as “Mexican Independence Day“
2. Corona typically quadruples its sales leading up to Cinco de Mayo; Dos Equis typically sells all their beer for the year in the week leading up to Cinco de Mayo
3. Number 1 isn’t really true – it pretty much just means May 5th
4. Yesterday was May 4th. Which the person at Family Video informed me is some big Star Wars holiday and then proudly declared “May the fourth be with you!!” Very clever. Very, very clever. Sort of.
5. Okay, back to number one for a second. It’s not really Mexican Independence Day – that’s September 16th.
So, how was my weekend? Well, my fantasy baseball team pulled off a last second victory making me 4-0 on the season. This would be super-impressive, except it’s fantasy baseball so nobody really should care – I don’t!
I also watchd two films. Killing Them Softly, which was pretty good, and Sinister which taught me the invaluable lesson that buying your home based solely on the fact that people were murdered there is a BAD idea. Ethan Hawke – the gift that keeps on giving!